The Restoration Research Theme’s focus is on the research and development of restoration technologies to deliver biodiverse, cost-efficient restoration, including:
- Smart seeding
- Reinforcing the native seed supply chain
- Producing guidelines, protocols, and tools to support sustainable development of native seed businesses and improve seed use in restoration
- Determining links between plant species diversity and soil organic carbon storage and tools needed for cost-efficient assessment of soil carbon to match ERF targets for measuring, modelling, and monitoring soil carbon sequestration
- Refining and scaling techniques for landscape management to improve soil health and increase seed use efficiency in restoration
- Developing high value honey products from biodiverse plantings.